Monday 26 February 2007

Gypsie??!!

In kindergarden, we did this short muscial on Ole' king Cole...remember the rhyme?
"Old King cole was a merry old soul...a merry old soul was he...
He called for his pipe and he called for his drum
and called for his fiddlers three...yaddah yaddah...
Well this was some extended version.
with more than just fiddles and fiddlers.
It had gypsies in it!!
I was one of 'em.
In bright multi-coloured clothes and a yellow shiny head gear!
Mmmm...must've loved it then...I don't remember.

In college first year.
Maggie Tulliver wanted to be a gypsie.
She ran away from home to be one.
I wanted to be Maggie Tulliver.
Only later I realised she died a stupid death.
But the gypsie connection stayed!

For the past 6months,
September onwards!
I haven't been in one place long enough
to even unpack my bag properly.
Well 3 months in one city
Is a long time to unpack
but I didn't.
I'm on the run.
"I want to go wandering, wandering, wandering.
"I want to go wandering with a knapsack on my back...
Valerieeee....Valeraaaaaa...valerieeeeeeeeee...valera a a a a a ..."

It's time now to go home...
I'm coming back!
But i have no home!
My roots have given up on me...
Disowned me.
A friend said water lilies have floating roots.
I reconciled with that...
I float...
Yet I need to hit shore.
yet I need to float again.
Lets see how long this shore sustains me!
Wandering...Valerieeeeeee

No comments: